Thursday 12 November 2009

NW Digipak Idea - Fonts


Posted by Nick

Above are some of the fonts that I may use on my digipak as well as our group advert.

I have chosen to use these fonts as they are very simple, with connotations of a ‘no nonsense’ feel, which is reflected in PeƱate’s album; he has produced music which is new and creative, whilst maintaining classic ‘Rock’ and ‘Indie’ beats.

As my digipak ideas are of photography, rather than using computer based graphics, I think each font will blend well with the images, as each is relatively plain, and thus this will enable the audience to focus primarily on the visuals rather than the text, the fonts not detracting from the ‘wow factor’ achieved by the images.

As you can see, all fonts are in black and white and I believe that I will keep them this way, perhaps altering them to have a white border so that they stand out against the photographs.

All fonts have a slightly ‘etched’ effect in which the letters look as if some of the colour has been rubbed out, and I believe this connotes age, as if they have been weathered, and this is something that I thing will help the audience to identify with the ‘woodland’ theme of both our digipak and music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment