Tuesday 10 November 2009

NW Digipak Idea - Drawings



Posted by Nick
(The images can be enlarged by clicking on each, thus taking you into a new window. The real page is in our zip folders.)
Above are my digipak ideas for the album cover, back and interior of the Jack Peñate album ‘Everything is New’.

On the front page entitled ‘Digipak Ideas’ I have given my ideas for both the front and back cover, with ideas on visuals, characters involved, the positioning of the text and shot angles and sizes.
Here I have presented ideas such as using an elaborate border, having a low angle or high angle shot, and using detailed make up and costume. On the reverse page is my mood board for digipak ideas with Victorian imagery, using images of old circus workers, such as the ring master, a ballerina, and a strongman. As well as these characters, I have also included famous paintings, elaborately creating ideas of an idyllic world. When I was creating my mood board I liked the idea of ‘fantasy’ and my images here, with the circus characters, and images of fairies etc. have allowed me to develop my initial ideas on the front, of simply Peñate by himself, to an elaborate image which has a ‘fantasy’ theme.
On the back there are also images of the album cover interior, and these are simply photos of Peñate, again with a supernatural theme, with various elaborately dressed characters in each shot.

When the time comes for me to produce my digipak, I will take all images in the woodland area in which we are filming in so that our audience can create a visual link between the music video and the advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment